Careers: Chief Financial Officer
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: President
The CFO is a key member of the senior management team, plays an important leadership role as CNCDA’s expert on accounting and financial matters, and provides strategic advice and counsel to position the association for ongoing financial success. The CFO must possess a strategic mindset, can collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, and will bring a personal passion and a deep interest in the priorities and objectives of CNCDA. The CFO will be able to shift between the big picture and operational details, who can see around the corner and plan for contingencies. The CFO will bring a high level of intellect with a collaborative, and service-oriented mindset. The CFO must have proven experience in budgeting, forecasting, and planning, and in overseeing finance, accounting, and compliance. This individual will have unquestioned integrity, ethics, and values – someone who can be trusted with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Performs in-depth financial analysis and presents key operational and financial metrics to report to President and Board of Directors.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of cash balances, income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Prepares and performs detailed review of the monthly financial statements including reviewing all account reconciliations and journal entries. Reviews and analyzes operating results.
- Manages CNCDA Finance Committee.
- Works with senior staff to develop department budgets to meet company goals and objectives. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for the annual operating budget. Ensures that CNCDA remains on budget and that operations are scaled to financial means and assets are safeguarded.
- Manages and leads the annual audit by working closely with external auditors. This includes the preparation of consolidated financial statements on a GAAP basis, as well as all corresponding footnotes.
- Manages the tax and regulatory filings for CNCDA and related entities, including federal and state annual returns, arranging for the timely payment of quarterly income tax deposits, annual sales tax returns, annual property tax statements, business license filings and other related filings.
- Manages investment and banking operations including cash management within the organization, including its political action committees, to meet short and long-term financial requirements.
- Establishes strong internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and in compliance with current laws and regulations.
- Manages and mentors staff involved with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and financial systems and ensures a professional and productive work environment.
- Design and implement a grant management process that includes training staff to track and code revenue and expenses accordingly.
- Maintain compliance with all government and private funder requirements as well as local, state, and federal regulations, which includes the completion of a Federal Single Audit.
- Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic organizational objectives including identification of opportunities for revenue growth and diversification.
Required Education, Licenses & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) required.
- 8-10 years related experience or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Preferred Education, Licenses & Experience:
- MBA or CPA desirable.